Sunday, November 4, 2012

Julie’s Gadget Diary – It may be iPad Mini day for some, but it’s Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 day for me!

I’ve been wanting to try the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for awhile now, and I finally caved in and ordered one yesterday afternoon from Amazon. Thanks to my Amazon Prime membership, shipping was only $3.99 for next day. UPS just dropped it off to me about 20 minutes ago. How’s that for almost instant gratification? But guess what, that’s not the only thing I ordered… A few days ago I decided to order a Chromebook. In an effort to cure my mid-life tech crisis, I’ve decided to use these devices in a couple of experiments. 

Since the Chromebook is on back order, my first experiment will involve the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The idea is that I’ll use the device exclusively (no cheating!) for 5 days and see if it can be function as my only computer. It’s been awhile since I tried something like this. The last time was with the 2nd generation iPad, and it didn’t work out that well for me.

My computing requirements are not all that extreme. I do the bulk of my work in a web browser, where I’m either logged in to The Gadgeteer’s admin interface, Gmail or just surfing. The rest of my time is usually spent in Photoshop editing and cropping pictures for the reviews and news items I post.

It will be interesting to see how things work out for me this time. Of course I’ll write about the experience as it goes along.

Filed in categories: Articles

Tagged:

Julie’s Gadget Diary – It may be iPad Mini day for some, but it’s Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 day for me! originally appeared on The Gadgeteer on November 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm.

Source: http://the-gadgeteer.com/2012/11/02/julies-gadget-diary-it-may-be-ipad-mini-day-for-some-but-its-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-day-for-me/

VERIFONE HOLDINGS VEECO INSTRUMENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment